The first GMDGC tournament is s short 4 weeks away – have you renewed your membership yet? Get a head start and sign up today. It’s very easy, and you can take care of the whole process online. Membership Director Dave Frothingham will bring you all your swag when you come to your fist tournament.
Annual membership for the GMDGC is $35 for folks 16 and older. For juniors (under 16), the cost is $20 and you get all of the same cool stuff.
- A GMDGC disc – we have a bunch of new discs for you to chose from this year (and weights for a discgolfer of any level)
- A handmade Bag Tag that you can wear with pride.
- A disc mini and an erasable pocket scorecard.
- A discount on all GMDGC logo discs
- Voting rights at the GMDGC meetings which will be held to discuss all GMDGC matters from annual election of officers to planning of tournaments to decisions regarding the future plans of the club. As a disc golfer in Vermont this is YOUR sport and YOUR organization.
- Eligibility in the state wide Green Mountain Points Series (more details on the GMPS page). You can take a look at the current schedule here.
- Any GMDGC member who wishes to attend one of the PDGA “Major” events can receive a $50 scholarship from the GMDGC in support of this effort. PDGA Majors include the following: USDGC, Women’s USDGC, AM USDGC, Pro Worlds, Am Worlds. There is a limit of one scholarship per member and a limit of a total of 3 scholarships in this year’s budget. If you are interested please let us know.
Please contact Dave (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions about GMDGC membership
Reminder on the “Last 2″ Rule - if you are not a GMDGC member at the time of a GMPS tournament and then join, only your last 2 events will count towards your overall Point total for the Series when you join. This gives new players a chance to check out a couple of events and see if they are interested in joining the GMDGC and competing in the GMPS before deciding on membership. Just remember, you have to sign up before the event for the previous two to count. If you wait to sign up at lunch or after the event, it will count as one of your previous two tournaments. We want to encourage membership to the GMDGC as much as we can, but we also do not want players waiting to see how they finish at events and becoming a member late in the season because they finished well, or not joining at all because they did not finish in a certain place.